Wednesday, September 21, 2005

B5 - U Got Me

*1/2 (out of four)


I can't tell if this boy group's name is a play on the word "before" or just the marketing notion that, hey, Backstreet Boys begins with a B and has five members, so let's call our boy group B5. I'm sure dumber ideas got tossed around the board room.

B5 is actually a P. Diddy creation - or, wait, since he faxed me that press release a few weeks ago, he wants to be called simply Diddy. It's his New Edition, except that two of them are in like fourth grade. (And, I swear, they're getting hit on in the video by girls who have their period and everything, those adorable baby macks.) And the one in the cornrows wants to spend half the song rapping nondescriptly.

"U Got Me," whose title you can't forget because it's printed in huge, free-standing block letters on the back of the set, takes place on a single room of a soundstage. There's a simple white backdrop set and a black backdrop set, and the guys are identically dressed - in shades of black and white. It's all letterboxed, though, because that's a cheap way to make a video look classy.

There's a little choreographed dancing, a little comical macho posturing, a few actual modestly dressed girls and, like I said, the letters of the song title in the background. It's not worth watching twice. Or once. But, little ladies, if you like what you see here and want to join the fan club, just send an email to b5fanclub@yourfanclubs.com. They send you a little B5 patch and everything - I've got mine sowed onto the right sleeve of my bowling jacket, right under my "50 Pins Over Average Single Game" patch.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

STOP HATIN' ON THEM

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are all great amd cute. Stop hatin cause you aint them!!!!! They are the best evey!!!!! Quit hatin on them you Bitches!!!!

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think there r the best group ever my fav. is ~KELLY~ thats my babe

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u lot r jst some m efin h8ters these guys r hooooot yall probably jst jealous. so breeeeeee

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ta.hehe i love B5, they have a new CD coming out titled "Don't Talk, Just Listen" & they have a single out called "Hydrolics" with Bow Wow it's tight yo. check it out.

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lovethem u just dont know how much my fav iz da youngest ~Byran~ wen i look at dat sexy picture on my wall I scream. Every night something I cry my boyfriend gets mad but he knodat i dont care if he mad or not cuz un gon love u anyway.
~ I LOVE YOU BRYAN BABY~
I dont care watgrade or how old u r u still my baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and who ever dat iz u hatin hard

10:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I Love this post! You are so right.

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*u spelled brYan wrong, no biggy*

but u just jealous cause u ain't talented as my husbands, and how dare u say it was a cheap video, it was far from it, and the letters in the background was in a new edition video while u talkin so was there's cheap? and don't even utter a word about kelly rappin cause @t least he comes up wit his own raps unlike some of these grammatically retarded fools in the industry and lastly i think u need 2 go fuck off and stop opinionating on the old videos and go to the new one, Hydraulics, check it out

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home