Tuesday, August 09, 2005

R. Kelly featuring The Game - Playa's Only

**1/2 (out of four)

The MTV Jams channel is on a pimps-and-playas binge right now. Back to back to back, they gave me Ray Cash's "Pimp in My Own Mind," Czar-Nok* rapping "Pimp Tight" and now R. Kelly and The Game with "Playa's Only." It's kind of a throwaway song, but I'm glad to see R. Kelly isn't still trapped in the closet. After part seven, the whole "Trapped in the Closet" saga got kind of overdone.

This is just a straight summer party video, hip-hop's answer to the country trash of "Redneck Yacht Club." R. Kelly and The Game**, flanked by a half-dozen hotties, navigate their boat through tropical waters to find five or six yachts tied together. If you guessed a large number of scantily clad women would be dancing on top of these boats, well, congratulations, you've seen a rap video before.

R. Kelly, for his part, does his best to play the part of a yuppie boat owner. At one point in the video, he's wearing a white Polo with a red ascot sweater tied around his neck. It's around the point he's singing, "When the doors close, handle your business," directly into a woman's writhing torso. Me personally, I can't stand it when a sexy woman's innie belly button can't handle its business.


* = I know I'm gonna sound like a whiny old fart, and I'm aware that most of the best artist names are already taken, but what the fuck kind of rapper name is Czar-Nok?!

** = I know I'm gonna sound like a whiny old fart, and I'm aware that most of the best artist names are already taken, but what the fuck kind of rapper name is The Game?! Last I checked, that was a 1997 David Fincher thriller starring Michael Douglas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home